Original page Exported.
Installer Help Texts
This page is the summary of the work done and todo about help for the installer. The result can be see here.
For Mageia 2
Installer help texts
Or if you prefer one of the following translations:
Brazilian Portuguese installer help texts
Dutch installer help texts
Esperanto installer help texts
French installer help texts
German installer help texts
Greek installer help texts
Ukrainian installer help texts
Please keep in mind, while reading this online help, that nobody gets all the steps that are shown: How many and which screens you'll see while installing depend on your computer and on the choices you make.
- (DONE in "de", "el", "en", "eo", "es", "et", "fr", "nl","pt_BR" and "uk") Copy setupBootloaderBeginner.xml to setupBootloader.xml and
- correct the xml:id's where needed and
- all the links to setupBootloaderBeginner (from setupBootloaderExpert and from misc-params.xml)
- replace the text in setupBootloaderBeginner by a short explanation and a link setupBootloader (removed setupBootloaderBeginner for es, because it hadn't been translated yet)
- (DONE in "en", "el", "et", "fr", "nl") Write setupBootloaderAddEntry.xml
- (DONE in "de", "el", "en", "eo", "es", "et", "fr", "nl","pt_BR", "sv" and "uk") Copy setupX.xml to the configureX_chooser.xml, again while
- correcting xml:id's and while
- correcting the link from misc-params.xml
- replace the text in setupX with a short explanation and a link to configureX_chooser
- (DONE in "en", "el", "et", "fr", "nl", "uk") Write configureX_card_list.xml
- (DONE in "en", "el", "et", "fr", "nl", "uk") Write configureX_monitor.xml
- (DONE in "en", "el", "et", "fr", "nl") DrakX.xml: uncomment or add all new files
- (DONE) comment out or remove setupBootloaderBeginner and setupX *before* Mageia 3 is released (but leave them now, in case there are links to them on docteam.mageia.nl)
- but only remove setupX.html from SVN (because there is a link - even if currently not attached to a visible help button - in installer to setupBootloaderBeginner.html) OOps, removed both :/
- Make sure those changes/translations are done for all languages - in DrakX.xml a new string needs to be translated, the new strings in the old files don't have to be translated (the files will be deprecated before 3 release), see also Calenco translations report#Installer help
- make a footer with our license
- commit new generated html files to SVN (DONE for configureX_chooser and for setupBootloader for all languages we currently have in installer help, also done for 2012/08/31 "en" versions of setupBootloaderAddEntry, configureX_card_list and configureX_monitor)
Installer File Names
This is a list of installer text file names and where a link is coded in different perl files of installer (drakX).
The last files haven't any links which point them.
The problem being: Do we change the Installer file names, or change the subroutines in drakX? The links without files are in bold.
|File (drakx/perl-installer by default)||Link||Anchor||Title||Comments|
|any.pm||add_supplemental_media||Added in 2013|
|steps_gtk.pm||choosePackages||choose-graphical-env||New link: chooseDesktop|
|steps_gtk.pm||choosePackages||choosePackagesGroups||New link: choosePackageGroups|
|steps_gtk.pm||choosePackages||choosePackagesTree||New link: choosePackagesTree|
|steps_interactive.pm||choosePackages||minimal-install||New link: minimal-install|
|drakx-net/trunk/lib/network/netconnect.pm||configureNetwork||missing help button after choosing Network in summary|
|drakx-kbd-mouse-x11/trunk/lib/Xconfig/main.pm||configureX_chooser||Graphic Card & Monitor Configuration||link works|
|drakx-kbd-mouse-x11/trunk/lib/Xconfig/monitor.pm||configureX_monitor||This is a display device
|drakx-kbd-mouse-x11/trunk/lib/Xconfig/card.pm||configureX_card_list||Choose an X server||link works|
|steps_interactive.pm||installUpdates||INSTALL OR UPGRADE|
|any.pm||media_selection||Added in 2013|
|any.pm||misc-params.html||drakxid-selectCountry||New link: selectCountry|
|services.pm||misc-params||drakxid-configureServices||New link: configureServices|
|any.pm||misc-params||drakxid-configureTimezoneGMT||New link: configureTimezoneUTC|
|level.pm||misc-params||draxid-miscellaneous||New link: securityLevel|
|any.pm||setupBootloader||Bootloader main options||link works|
|any.pm||setupBootloaderBeginner||Bootloader Installation||Where do you want to install the bootloader?|
|steps_gtk.pm||# FIXME: missing ref to upper window:|
|setupX||Remove setupX.html from SVN before Mga3freeze|
We have tested the result of modifications in text and in the installer by using a chroot method. This page give the detail of the procedure. This method can also be used to get screenshots in different languages.
For Calenco only
You may want to have a look at the: Calenco user's guide
There are also DocBook 5: The Definitive Guide (useful for writing Calenco documents) and
DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide (useful for making Calenco publications).
Writing and/or Translating documentation
Packaging Installer help
First, the related Calenco publications must be made: one for every language to be packaged. Look here for instructions how to do that. The output must be committed to svn.mageia.org/soft/. For installer help, that is to svn.mageia.org/soft/drakx-installer-help/trunk/.