How to contact/join the team
To contact the Documentation team, you may use the following methods:
- Mailing-list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please make sure you're a member of that mailing list if you're a member of documentation team
- IRC channel: #mageia-doc on Freenode.
- Team contact:
- Lebarhon - lebarhon AT free DOT fr
- Team Leaders:
- Yves Brungard (papoteur) - yves DOT brungard UNDERSCORE mageia AT gadz DOT org
- A.M. Desmottes (lebarhon) - lebarhon AT free DOT fr
To join the Documentation team, you only have to put your name on the list below, sign up to the mailing list and say 'Hi!'.
We would also be happy if you could attend the team meetings (see third item in the list above).
Documentation team responsibilities
The documentation team has two main purposes:
- The team is in charge of the end-user documentation in the wiki (the web team being in charge of the structure). We should also oversight the content from other teams (since most teams will have a dedicated area in the wiki) to make sure the wiki stays coherent and clean.
- We should also produce an official end-user documentation to be included in Mageia releases.
The documentation team is still looking for more members. If you think you can contribute in any way, please join us on the mailing list and say hello!
The most important topics of our work are (click on the title to have more details):
- the installer help: when installing Mageia, an inline help can be accessed. It's our work to build it and to maintain it. The work was done for Mageia 2, and we have yet to adapt them for new versions, in particular with new screen shots. We hope also that more translations will be available. The help is also available online.
- the Mageia Control Center help: Mageia use specific tools to configure it. We documented most of them, but not all. The documentation will be also available inline with Mageia and further and is already accessible online. We need to complete with the missing help, and to translate in more languages.
For these two topics, we use a tool called Calenco, in which the documents are written in Docbook format. Each page is a file which can be edited with a text editor or an XML editor like XXE. There is no need to have a deep experience with docbook, but some precautions must be taken to keep a regular format.
- the wiki: the Doc Team is currently working on making sure the Wiki is well structured without redundant pages. The syntax for the wiki is simple. You can contribute by writing pages, checking and updating already written pages or by proposing subjects to develop. Pages can be started by anyone who is registered. This page details the method to work on wiki and some topics that we hope to be written.
Please add yourself to this list if you are willing to contribute to the documentation team. If it is possible, please write your Nick (Mageia username [the one your registered on identity.mageia.org ]), name, e-mail address and what you want to do in the team.
Please do this in alphabetical order by the nick. Thx!
|Mageia Username||Other Name||Email Address||About||Mother tongue|
|Akien||Rémi Verschelde||remi AT verschelde DOT fr||Link with i18n teams, wiki contact, doc writing and proofreading.||French|
|admel||Antoine Dumondel||antoine.dumondel AT gmail DOT com||Link with i18n teams, wiki contact, doc translating and proofreading.||French|
|alfalb||Manuela Silva||manuela DOT silva AT sky DOT com||Translator and proofreading||Portuguese (Portugal)|
|allannit||Alexander Lima||allannit AT gmail DOT com||doc wiki writing/maintaining Portuguese Brazil translations.||Brazil|
|andre999||André Blais||andre999mga ad laposte dot net||Packaging team contact||French|
|annew||Anne Wilson||annew AT kde DOT org||general help with English pages and use of Translate wiki extension||English|
|apb||Antony Baker||jasperodus AT zoho DOT com||Check wiki/documentation generally, hopefully making some improvements. Would like to be able to add/expand content later on, if possible.||English|
|Ard1t||Ardit Dani||ardit [dot] dani AT gmail [dot] com||Albanian Translation|
|crantila||Christopher Antila||crantila AT fedoraproject DOT org||Hmm...|
|Carluchox||Carlos Reges||kerg23 AT gmail DOT com||Spanish proofreading, writing and correct||Spanish|
|codegazer||Paul Blackburn||paul.blackburn at gmail dot com||wiki contributor, QA tester, experienced in systems admin, security penetration testing and malware analysis||English|
|Disa||Erik Henriquez||erikh1941 AT gmail DOT com||English and Spanish proofreading/writing/translating|
|doktor5000||Florian Hubold||doktor5000 AT arcor DOT de||MAQeia (Most Asked Questions), Packaging Team contact, german proofreading||German|
|Dune||Eric Barbero||dune06 AT free DOT fr||documentation writing and translation (en > fr)||French|
|dvgevers; dvg||Dick Gevers||dvgevers AT xs4all DOT nl||proofread/correct English wiki, manpage, help etc., could assist in translating some stuff: fluent command of Dutch, reasonable in Fr & De, slight: Es||English|
|esperanto||Pablo Foche||pablo DOT foche AT gmail DOT com||Esperanto translator|
|franktremblay||François Tremblay||fmtremblay89 AT gmail DOT com||English <-> French translation and proofreading||French|
|Hman||Armando Basile||armando AT integrazioneweb DOT com||packaging, maintaining, wiki||Italian|
|Holger||Holger Ullrich||hulli75 AT gmx DOT de||german translation and proofreading|
|iceflower||Nicolas Peifer||nicolaspeifer at mailbox dot org||improving the wiki and its contents||German|
|JohnR||John Rye||john At neodoc DOT biz||English proofreading and writing||English|
|Kernewes||Carolyn Rowse (isolde)||cmrisolde AT gmx DOT com||English proofreading and writing, could possibly help with German and Swedish proofreading||English|
|Kristien||Christian Bonnissol||christian DOT bonnissol AT icloud DOT com||French native. Documentation writing and translating.||French|
|Lebarhon||AM Desmottes||lebarhon AT free DOT fr||team leader doc writing/translation(en-fr)/proofreading||French|
|Led43||John Bowden||led43john AT googlemail DOTcom||Uk resident long term mandrake, mageia tinkerer, help here and on QA|
|lucas||Lucas Borges||lucaspatis AT gmail DOT com||Pt-BR translator|
|marja||Marja van Waes||marja11 AT xs4all DOT nl||Calenco documentation||Dutch|
|markhobley||Mark Hobley||markhobley @ yahoo.donottypethisbit.co.uk||wiki,man pages||English|
|MrsB||Claire Robinson (claire)||eeeemail AT gmail DOT com||QA Team Documentation||English|
|msiyer||Mohan Sreekant Iyer||msiyer AT hotmail DOT com||contributor|
|neggwada||Mehdi Hadjard||hmehdia at 9online dot fr||doc writing/translation/proofreading (en-fr)||French|
|obgr_seneca||Oliver Burger||oliver.bgr AT gmail DOT com||i18n contact||German|
|ocelot-sloth||Mark Stenglein||ocelotsloth AT gmail DOT com||document writing, proofreading (en-us)|
|osifa||Firat Kutlu||firatkutlu AT gmail DOT com||Turkish Mageia wiki, translator||Turkish|
|phasma||Martin Tee||martin DOT tee77 AT gmail DOT com||Fluent in English, French and Danish. Proofreading and documentation writing also available|
|papoteur||Yves||team leader, French native. Documentation writing and translating.||French|
|reidcardwell||Reid Cardwell||reidcardwell AT gmail DOT com||English writing, editing, proofreading|
|rjl931189261||Bobby Rong||931189261 AT qq DOT com||Chinese proofreading/translating||Chinese|
|simonnzg||Simon Parsons||simonnzg AT gmail DOT com||EN-GB Technical Editor, mediawiki and XML||English|
|snevog||George V||jorgosv AT gmail DOT com|
|stblack||Stefano Negro||stblack AT gmail DOT com||Italian translator, help here and on QA||Italian|
|storedbox||David Huffman||storedbox+mageia AT outlook DOT com||Documentation enthusiast||English|
|swecarp||Mårten Strömemail@example.com||Swedish translator||Swedish|
|Symbioxy||Stéphane Couturier||mageia AT symbioxy DOT Com||translation of wiki pages||French|
|trinux||Tristan Campbell||tristan.b.campbell AT gmail DOT com||English proofreading, editing, writing||English|
|Umeaboy||Kristoffer Grundström||kristoffer DOT grundstrom1983 AT gmail DOT com||Swedish translator of official Mageia docs||swedish|
|Uzerus||Szymon Scholz||szymonscholz at gmail dot com||Polish translator, editing and writing (any bug can be mailed for me)||Polish|
|wolde||Walter Marek||wm6369 AT gmx DOT net||German translator||German|
|Workaholic||Norbert Marchl||norbert DOT marchl AT aon DOT at||utility man for translations to german (and if possible to cover up doctor5000 with work :) )||German|
|Xboxboy||Xboxboy||xboxboy.mageia AT gmail.com||English proofreading, editing, writing||English|
Initial list of registered people (probably outdated since most entries date from the original fork announcement)