- 1 Creating a new account
- 2 Using your account
- 3 Editing your account
Creating a new account
How do I create a new account?
Go to the Mageia identity registration page, fill the empty fields, keeping the following in mind:
- Please use an e-mail address that you won't need to change, because changing it may cause problems with the mailing list service.
- You won't be able to change your user name (user id) later
- Please don't use underscores ( _ ) in your user name, because the wiki does not recognise them in usernames.
Then click on the Register button at the bottom of the page.
- If you registered successfully, you see this message: Registration completed Registration was successful. Check your mail for activation instructions. If after some minutes, you didn't receive any mail, check in your spam-box.
Using your account
Where can I use this account
- In Bugzilla
- In Mageia Wiki
- In Forums
- To subscribe to the mailing lists here
- and all Mageia developer tools
My e-mail address doesn't work as username
Whatever username (maybe your nick?) you gave when registering, should be used, except on the mailing list server.
My username doesn't work
For the mailing list service, please enter your e-mail address instead of your username.
For the wiki: the wiki can't detect an underscore ("_") in your name, if you have one in it, please make an additional user account without underscore.
I forgot my password
You can reset it here: forgot password
However, if you have commit or other rights you'll get a message: Privileged accounts may not recover passwords via this mechanism
In that case, do one of the following:
- go to irc://irc.freenode.net/#mageia-sysadm and ask someone there to reset it for you
- write a mail to https://www.mageia.org/mailman/listinfo/mageia-sysadm (only possible when you're a member of that mailing list)
- write a mail to sysadmin AT group DOT mageia DOT org
Editing your account
How do I edit my account?
- Go to Mageia Identity Management
- log in
- click Edit
- make the required changes
- click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
What does cn mean?
Common name. It gets the values of ("givenName" "sn") when you register.
What does givenName mean?
Your first name, forename, given name, Christian name
What does mail mean?
Your e-mail address.
Warning and how-to for changing your e-mail address
Your e-mail address can be changed in identity.mageia.org, but you are advised not to do so because it may lead to problems with the Sympa mailing lists server.
If you cannot keep the same e-mail address, then make sure you:
- first remove yourself from all Sympa mailing lists you're a member of
- do the most important one(s) last!
- then change the e-mail address in Mageia Identity Management
- then add yourself to those mailing lists again
- do the most important one(s) first!
Maybe you'll miss one or more mails, though, so you might want to check the archives of the mailing lists when you're done.
What does preferredLanguage mean?
Your preferred language is the language you will see wherever possible, like in the side bar of the new wiki. It overrules the settings in your browser.
What does sn mean?
Your surname or family name.
What does uid mean?
Your user id or username (your nick if you chose that when registering), this cannot be changed.