- 1 Summary
- 2 Owner
- 3 Resources
- 4 Current status
- 5 Detailed Description
- 6 Why it would be good for Mageia to include it
- 7 Test case
- 8 Software / Packages Dependencies
- 9 What could disrupt development of this new feature
- 10 Planning
- 11 Contingency
- 12 Release Notes
- 13 Documentation
- 14 Suggested improvements
Welcome screen for Mageia, that is displayed upon first users boot (no matter which Desktop Environment they use).
Intended for newcomers.
- showing links to Mageia Websities ( blog, forum, wiki ...), irc-channels etc.
- (optional) easy way to enable restricted repositories (nonfree, tainted) and install popular packages ( like codecs, skype etc).
- Name: napcok
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have already working code for this. If this feature will be accepted, i will provide source nad rpm package as soon as possible. Help from artwork team will be needed.
- Targeted release: Mageia 4
- Last updated: 2013/09/30
- Percentage of completion: 100%
A demonstration version is available : mageiawelcome-0.7-1.mga3.noarch.rpm
This feature is accepted but was not really discussed yet.
Similiar tool from Mint: https://github.com/linuxmint/mintwelcome
Why it would be good for Mageia to include it
It can make starting with Mageia a little bit easier for newcomers.
Anything useful for QA and all testers to help debugging during all development cycle
Software / Packages Dependencies
What could disrupt development of this new feature
- Working code before alpha1 (preview)
- Include it in Alpha2 isos - 2013/09/06
- Discuss, decide about links, features , write "welcome message" and other texts - I need help here from dev, doc teams
- Make it ready for translations - Alpha 3 - 2013/10/02
- Import to Mageias git
- Ask for translations
- Ask Artwork Team for help to make it look good
Include here any needed information or link to documentation
Please put your suggestions in this page: Suggestions_for_MageiaWelcome