(The page that was originally here, was moved to Archive:Installing Mageia because it overlaps other pages too much. The content can still be used to enhance pages, if you do so, don't forget to say in the summary that you used that page, or point to the original Mdv page)
New to Linux, or using both Mageia and Windows
- If you never used Linux before, please read First step with Linux and Mageia first.
- If you want to use both Mageia and Windows on the same computer, please read Installation of Mageia in dual boot with Windows
Choosing between the available installation media
- For an overview and explanation, please go to our Installation Media page
- Most installation media can be downloaded here
How to install
- DVD and dual arch CD
- boot.iso install (read Boot.iso install first)
A full copy of the Mageia Installer help is available here:
Installer help texts
There is also a live feed from the Mageia Documentation Team's XML Repository, so is as fresh as it can get.
Installer help texts live
Installing a Live CD
Installing on a Mac
A rough guide on how to install Mageia on at least a Mac Mini 4.1 (mid 2010) is available here.