At the first boot, give quick access to subscribe to "Cloud" services from Framasoft.
- Name: Papoteur
Developers for an application Lawyer for contract with Framasoft Web developper and sysadmin if Mageia site is a relay.
- Targeted release: Mageia 7
- Last updated: 2018/12/13
- Percentage of completion: 0%
The idea is that after the installation, a guide helps to connect to remote services. I think to Framasoft services like:
- Store ≻ Framadrive (owncloud)
- Store ≻ MyFrama
- Share ≻ Framadrop
- Share ≻ Framabin (like pastebin)
- Share ≻ Framapic (the same for picture)
- Share ≻ Framalink
- Documents > Text, Calc, Draw, Mindmap...
The goal is to guide or to allow the creation of an Framasoft account, or to allow to connect with a Mageia account
Why it would be good for Mageia to include it
This allows to promote open services and to improve the Mageia's image in this world.
Software / Packages Dependencies
The feature can be done via different ways:
- web service, thus a page displayed in Firefox at first launch, from local or Mageia's site
- an evolution of Mageiawelcome (python, webkit)
- a specific application (libyui, QML, ...)
- entries in menu
What could disrupt development of this new feature
Non agreement with Framasoft
- Delimiting the scope of the feature
- Discuss with Framsoft people
- Choose the technology